Wednesday 21 January 2009

Great expectations

OK This might be day 1 of year 0! I must admit that Obama has it easy, nothing can be worse than Bush. After all what can you expect of a country governed by a "Bush" and a "Dick"!

Obama has promised many things and made us believe he will do many other, but he has also made clear that Americans have work to do.

My question now is do the rest of the world have homework to do too?

He hasn't said a word about the massacre in Gaza. He has excuesed saying that he didn't want ot interfere with Bush, but he had no problem to interfere with Bush talking about Afghanistan, Guantanamo, Social Security, Financial Problems and Wall Street... He has Hillary Clinton with him (or maybe he is with Hillary) and she is totally in favour of Israel and its actions.

In favour of Obama I have to say that I always end up half-crying when I listen to his speeches. He must be a great politician and a good person or an amazing magician.

I leave with Chomsky's opinion on Obama. Quite interesting indeed (as usual coming from Chomsky).

Carpe Noctum

No comments: