Sunday 9 November 2008

From left to right and back again

It was Hallowe'en, and I forgot! And believe it is my favourite celebration! My brain is almost dried. I do not know if it the left or the right side, but it is drying! That's what getting old brings as a present.

Brain Lateralization Test Results
Right Brain (60%) The right hemisphere is the visual, figurative, artistic, and intuitive side of the brain.
Left Brain (48%) The left hemisphere is the logical, articulate, assertive, and practical side of the brain

But if I have to believe these results I have a brain of a 108% capacity, and Virginia a 92%. I do not think it is fair she has lost a 8% of the brain and I am getting that 8%. How could that happen!

Hallows Eve. The day before the hallows, the day of the Jack'o Lantern, but also the Celtic tradition and also Sleepy Hollow, the story written by Washington Irving. This good and honest man who also wrote my own story. The same man who fell in love with The Alhambra and whose wife moved to California and name a huge property she bought after the moor palace in Granada. All these little things that connect our existences and give us the opportunity to live after life. Like James Wilkinson, choosing a name as a game, but then that name means something for Across the pond, but then he is also a scientist and maybe the pizza guy too. Who knows!

The day before the hallows and three weeks before Thanksgiving. A clean and pure name. Give thanks. Originally to the native Americans, but after all the westerns and the genocidal campaigns it mught be better to thank god. That's what people really do. I have never seen anyone these last centuries thanking the native americans (or can I call them the Indians?) for helping the pilgrims to survive that first winter in Plymouth Colony, Massachussetts. You know I know the area well...

Nobody has thought about combining both celebrations. We could have a Thanklloween, in which people could dress as Indians and scare everybody. That would be enough to justify killing all of them, don't you think?

The left brain would structure the killing, give tasks to every group involved in the genocide, and the right brain would work on creative and original ways of performing it.

All those efforts to have a white America and in the end Obama becomes the president. That would be like having a rabbit as the Prime Minister of Australia, or is he a fox? Africanamericans and "we the people" seem to have spoken loud and clear. Like in any other place G. W. Bush will now try to pass as many laws as he can and leave things in a disaster. Let's hope Nacy Peloci can make things difficult for him (after all, and like Obama she was the first (woman) to become the leader and spokewoman of Congress). I imagine Bush has a 5% of left brain (do not ask me about the rest), and Obama is mostly right (ironies of life)!

Am I boring you now? Well here is some music and excellent lyrics to keep you busy, entertained or maybe not?






3 comments:

Jack the Ripper said...

I accept your apologies, then... And I didn't know that people think we're the same... I think it's quite funny!

Jack the Ripper said...

That would be funny... and strange, indeed!! But why I wouldn't know but you would? Mmm... Have you seen "The Fight Club"?

Nuria Vidal said...

You do not need the teacher to give you ideas for your posts..., do you? Then, keep writing!

Carpe Diem!