Wednesday 4 March 2009

Slumpuppies!

It was on the news. The Indian kids that acted in that "crappy" film Slumdog Millionaire are back at home. They have had a taste of luxury and riches they could not even dream of. A minute of glory and fame to let you know how a minority lives. Then back to where you belong!

The girl only wants to wear the dress she was wearing for the Oscars ceremony. Like a 21st century cinderella, waiting for a prince to rescue her. The little boy complains about their home without beds. He refuses to sleep on the floor and finds the smell of cow dung unbearable. He knows what a hotel room looks like and refuses to accept that he has to be condemned to that hanty tonw for life.

Their father, not knowing how to deal with that problem whipped them to make them reasonable and docile children again.

Once again, all back to normal.

Carpe Noctum!

4 comments:

Sand in my shoes said...

HEY!

I really want to watch this film! I've already downloaded!

Carpe movie!

Sandy

Nuria Vidal said...

These are the ironies of life. Glad that we can know and let the producers feel the shame they deserve!
I've also read that the producers were going to do something about it! No idea to what extend!
Who knows!

Nuria Vidal said...

Interested in what you said I skipped a careless typing mitake. Can you find it? I'm sure!

Sand in my shoes said...

HEY!
I've watched the film! I love it! I was really chocked by the story, I couldn't imagine a life like the Indian characters. Is it a real story?